Parent's Guide to Renaissance Home Connect
Dear Elementary parent or guardian:
We are pleased that you will soon begin using Renaissance Home Connect as a way of monitoring and encouraging your child's reading practice. We are confident that you'll find it to be a valuable tool for monitoring your child's progress. Research confirms that parental involvement in a child's education is a strong predictor of student achievement. Thank you for your involvement in your child's education and your child's log in information will be coming home soon. Several resources are available to you once you log on.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Renaissance Home Connect?
Renaissance Home Connect is a tool that connects the school and home to keep parents informed of their child’s progress in Accelerated Reader and encourages the child to practice reading and math at home.
How does Renaissance Home Connect help me improve my child's reading progress?
- You can view your child’s progress toward reading goals and reader certification, and view all books that your child has read and quizzes your child has taken.
- You can view all words a child has learned through Vocabulary Practice Quizzes. In addition, words the child missed are clearly marked so you can help your child learn those words.
- You can access an online search tool, Accelerated Reader Bookfinder, to search for books using various criteria, including author, subject, or reading level. All information is available in Spanish as needed.
- You can receive emails that reveal results for Reading Practice Quizzes and Vocabulary Practice Quizzes and provide links to the website where you can check progress.
- If you have any questions feel free to contact your child's classroom teacher or the school and thanks again for being a part of your child's reading success.