IMPORTANT ST. ELMO ELEMENTARY UPDATES
The St. Elmo Elementary will be dismissing at 2:30 p.m. until further notice. Buses will dismiss first as in the past and then pick-ups.
-Facemasks must be worn except while eating and while outside as long as social distancing can be maintained.
- Doors will open at 7:45 a.m. Students will not be allowed in the building before 7:45 a.m.
-Parents will not be allowed past the office for any reason due to our efforts to further protect students during this Covid-19 pandemic.
- Students will report directly to their classroom upon entering the building.
- Breakfast will be in the classrooms.
- Class will start at 8:20 a.m.
- St. Elmo Elementary School will be in attendance everyday. Remote learners do not report to school, your teacher will be in contact with you. Classrooms will be self-contained as this allows us to better manage social distancing requirements and contact tracing. Music will be held in the classrooms and lunch periods will have less than 50 students all in assigned socially distanced seats. Building will be extensively cleaned during the day and disinfected further when students dismiss.
- The entire COVID school situation is very fluid. This information represents the status of school at this point and time. Updates will be provided if/when new guidelines/information becomes available to us. We are anticipating that at some point during the first semester we will be directed by the local health department, IDPH and/or the governors office to transition to a full remote learning model for all students for a period of time. Thank you for your understanding in these unprecedented times.